One particular talk kept me listening. I'd wakened before Jen this morning and lay thinking about Psalms in the Bible and David's pleadings with the Lord that He hedge up the way before him against his enemies. The Lord can surround us with protection (hedge) and surround enemies with a barrier (hedge), so I've taken both meanings reading these prayers. King David was a warrior, and sometimes running and/or in hiding for his life; he knew an incredible lot about enemies. I've taken his meanings to also be what he constantly prayed for: protection against demons that pursue all of us in this world, our enemy temptation. Sin. Thus did I also plead this morning, coming to. The Lord hears our prayers and does answer, and I sincerely expect to be helped – by Him and heaven. I appreciated that this speaker I was listening to quoted D&C 121:8: "And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." Foes! That's enemies. Not just, like in Joseph Smith's time, folks who scorn or, in ours, peers who pressure us or mock... but temptation, and sin. Cool!
I believe in church we're made rich, you guys: nuggets, gems, pearls... yah, light-enough words as metaphors for insight, wisdom, and knowledge of great price. Doctrine answering our concerns. (If we're listening.) Isn't it interesting how when you've been focusing on (praying about) a thing you can receive doctrine that speaks exactly to you, exactly now! Just for me today this verse I've read and heard and taught plenty of times increased in value. I felt rich and blessed telling Jenny about it after church.
-----
After, I took a nap and went for a walk.




More riches. (Don't miss how blue the sky is!)
1 comments:
Beautiful! Hugs to Jenny and you.
Post a Comment